....what else is new? Much time spent yesterday putting away all the plants that we had previously pulled out of the greenhouses back into the greenhouses, and when room ran out in there, covering all those left outside with blankets and sheets. Tonight the heaters will also be put on as temp going down to minus 2 C. Thought it would be easy going after this but according to the forecast Sunday night is also going down to 0. Nice ....eh? Physio appt this morning and we completely reviewed the exercises to date and he added some in attempt to continue to challenge the muscles to improve. I felt I was in a bit of a plateau so asked it we could kick start something new. He continues to tell me I am actually improving but that it will be slow. Yes, I agree, it is slow. And this afternoon we headed over to the Arena for our next Covid 19 Booster - Pfizer again this time and now a total of seven vaccinations so far. I tested myself last week with the rapid test kit and it was neg...
It's been a week since my last post and most of that time has been occupied trying to talk, breath or sleep. Yep, caught one humdinger of a summer cold at the sale last week--the kind that has one wandering around, all day, in a nightie, asking if it's bed time yet. Not that the time bothered me, I slept whenever I felt like it. Started feeling a little better on Thursday, but Friday morning David announced that he's caught it. I got the laundry started Friday morning, and tried to start some sort of work in the studio, but ended up dozing in front of the my little tv instead. Between the two of us, we got the most important laundry done--sheets, underwear and shirts--and a quick trip to the grocery store and pharmacy, but I can't remember if that was Thursday or Friday--probably Thursday. I didn't even get out of the car, just sat there while David went in. By Friday, my cold was worse again, although not quite as bad as before....
We're both feeling better, but we're not at the finishing line yet. One good thing that's happening is that we're able to sit in our garden and read. We also watch the neighbours across the back getting their garden ready. So much work! We also watch the bird feeder and work out what sort of routine each individual animal or bird has established. There is what appears to be an elderly grey squirrel who comes in the late afternoon for food. He moves slowly but is as quick as a snake if some other creature attempts to eat or to chase the grey away from his chosen feeder. Yes, we have two feeders going, one for bird food and one for peanuts in the shell. The grey took awhile to figure out how to get up to the peanut feeder, and he always looks awkward doing it, but once he's there it's his, and woe betide any red squirrel that might attempt to chase him off. There are also a pair of Blue Jays that like the peanuts and show up twice a d...
Comments
Post a Comment