Monday? When did Monday happen?

 So the week starts.  Stayed home, other than a couple of trips to Starbucks, over the weekend. I have been invited to a less than formal luncheon, at the collegiate in Lorette, on Wednesday.  The lady from the municipality of Tache, is wanting to form some sort of inter-generational alliance between our craft group and students at the school. Evidentially, some of the students visited the group, on a day I missed, and are enthusiastic about learning more about some of the crafts, and hope to achieve that learning via our group.  I think I mentioned that many of our group are retired school teachers.  Those ladies are quite divided between "no way in hell", and "great, let's go", attitudes.  I think I want to know more about what might be expected before committing myself to anything.  I also think I could play the "I don't live in Tache municipality" card, if I have to.  Treading softly here, and probably won't volunteer for much, although I know such ventures have had excellent results in other places.

All of the above is a lead-in to me saying that today I have an  appointment for a haircut.  It's been need for awhile, but I didn't want anyone touching my head while it was still sore and bruised, but now I feel I have no choice.  My hair is totally out of control.

The other big news out of the Findlay household is that we have a new toilet seat. This has been an ongoing stress-producing process, lasting for years.  It is very difficult to find a toilet seat to fit our extra-height toilet.  David found one, a couple of years ago, but the old one still worked, albeit somewhat treacherously.  It finally broke, and the new one turned out to be wooden.  Wow!  I feel secure for the first time in years.  Now, to find a another one to keep in the basement--but at least, we'll have time to do it.

Time to go.  Stay safe ladies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Besides the freezing temperatures....

Not much to report here

getting there